On September 9, 2021, the FCC released the Tentative Agenda for the September Open Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, September 30, 2021. The meeting will be held virtually on the FCC‘s website at www.fcc.gov/live and on the FCC‘s YouTube channel.
The Tentative Agenda is as follows:
- Promoting More Resilient Networks – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to examine the Wireless Network Resiliency Cooperative Framework, the FCC’s network outage reporting rules, and strategies to address the effect of power outages on communications networks. (PS Docket Nos. 21-346, 15-80; ET Docket No. 04-35) (FACT SHEET)
- Reassessing 4.9 GHz Band for Public Safety – The Commission will consider an Order on Reconsideration that would vacate the 2020 Sixth Report and Order, which adopted a state-by-state leasing framework for the 4.9 GHz (4940-4900 MHz) band. The Commission also will consider an Eighth Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would seek comment on a nationwide framework for the 4.9 GHz band, ways to foster greater public safety use, and ways to facilitate compatible non-public safety access to the band. (WP Docket No. 07-100) (Recon Order: FACT SHEET; 8th FNPRM: FACT SHEET)
- Authorizing 6 GHz Band Automated Frequency Coordination Systems – The Commission will consider a Public Notice beginning the process for authorizing Automated Frequency Coordination Systems to govern the operation of standard-power devices in the 6 GHz band (5.925-7.125 GHz). (ET Docket No. 21-352) (FACT SHEET)
- Spectrum Requirements for the Internet of Things – The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on current and future spectrum needs to enable better connectivity relating to the Internet of Things (IoT) (ET Docket No. 21-353) (FACT SHEET)
- Shielding 911 Call Centers from Robocalls – The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to update the Commission’s rules regarding the implementation of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Do-Not-Call registry in order to protect PSAPs from unwanted robocalls. (CG Docket No. 12-129; PS Docket No. 21-343) (FACT SHEET)
- Stopping Illegal Robocalls From Entering American Phone Networks – The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to impose obligations on gateway providers to help stop illegal robocalls originating abroad from reaching U.S. consumers and businesses. (CG Docket No. 17-59; WC Docket No. 17-97) (FACT SHEET)
- Supporting Broadband for Tribal Libraries Through E-Rate – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to update sections 54.500 and 54.501(b)(1) of the Commission’s rules to amend the definition of library and to clarify Tribal libraries are eligible for support through the E-Rate Program (CC Docket No. 02-6) (FACT SHEET)
- Strengthening Security Review of Companies with Foreign Ownership – The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order that would adopt Standard Questions – a baseline set of national security and law enforcement questions – that certain applicants with reportable foreign ownership must provide to the Executive Branch prior to or at the same time they file their applications with the Commission, thus expediting the Executive Branch’s review for national security and law enforcement concerns (IB Docket No. 16-155) (FACT SHEET)
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.