2023 Rules and Fees
Deadline for Entries: February 24th, 2023
- Entries MUST be received by 10:59:59 pm; Friday, February 24th, 2023.
- “Complete Newscast” entries MUST have aired between: January 29th, 2023 and February 11th, 2023.
- All other entries MUST have aired between March 1, 2022 and February 24, 2023.
- Only MBA member stations are eligible to participate. 2023 Membership Dues MUST be paid in full.
- All entries must be broadcast “over the air” unless otherwise noted.
- Identical award entries that have won in the previous year, where only dates of the creative have changed, are ineligible. If they have not won in the previous year they can be submitted for entry.
- It is the responsibility of the station to make sure that entries are submitted in the correct category and that they play. If using a link, it must be available through May 31st. No refunds will be issued for incomplete entries or submissions that won’t play for the judge.
Commercial and non-commercial stations will be judged together. Entries are judged by professionals from other state broadcast associations.
Finalists will be notified via email and regular mail no later than April 14th, 2023.
First Place and Certificates of Merit will be awarded at the annual MBA Awards Banquet on Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 at Margaritaville Lake Resort in Lake of the Ozarks.
A Box.com link to all award-winning entries will be made available in the days following the Awards Banquet. We’ll put the link on our website as well as send it out to all member station general managers in our weekly e-newsletter.
Television Classes by Market Size:
TV stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event, Podcast, Convergent Media, Opinion/Commentary, and Best Photojournalist.
Class I – Includes stations in Kansas City & St. Louis.
Class II – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau & Springfield.
Class III – Includes stations in all other cities not noted above.
Radio Classes by Market Size:
Radio stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Corporate Award for Community Service, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event, Podcast, Convergent Media, and Opinion/Commentary.
Large Market Class – Includes stations in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Medium Market Class – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Jefferson City, Joplin, St. Joseph, and Springfield.
Small Market Class – Includes stations in all other cities not already noted above.
Standard Entry (MO-PEP Participant*)
• Small Market Radio: $20 ($10*)
• Medium Market Radio: $26 ($13*)
• Large Market Radio: $30 ( $15*)
• Television All Classes: $36 ($18*)
*Missouri Public Education Program (MO-PEP) Participants are eligible for half price entry fees.