KSDK 5 On Your Side, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in St. Louis, is searching for an experienced, creative and motivated Senior Digital Desk Producer to lead the editorial production of content across KSDK digital, streaming and social platforms. This is a senior position on the Digital Desk team. They will manage newsroom assignments and oversee the quality of KSDK digital content efforts across all platforms. As a news leader, this individual will have a voice in editorial and leadership meetings.
In this role, you are focused on the daily content by coordinating multiplatform plans for all content creators, including reporters, producers, multiskilled journalists and photojournalists. You use your strong editing skills to ensure accuracy, context, balance and style are upheld in all content. You also provide feedback and training to all content creators.
As Senior Digital Desk Producer, you will manage the work of digital desk producers. You will make assignments and manage a multiplatform breaking news workflow. You also work with news leadership, especially the Planning Editor, to create multiplatform, audience-first content to grow the KSDK audience and meet established key performance indicators. This position reports to the Director of Digital Content.
• Lead breaking news and breaking weather efforts across digital, mobile, streaming, and social platforms
• Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
• Work with the team leaders, news managers and marketing leaders on digital content strategies
• Collaborates across workgroups to create daily content, original digital content and special projects focused on rich, interactive digital experiences
• Manage all KSDK digital products including oversight of content quality, SEO strategy, homepage layout, headline testing, push alert strategy, etc.
• Help lead editorial meetings and discussions to make decisions and digital assignments
• Edit content for accuracy and ethical journalism in accordance with KSDK and AP style guides
• Guide multiskilled journalists, reporters, photojournalists and other content creators on the production of their content for digital audiences
• Understand the workflow and expectations of assignment editing
• Guide and train team members on where and how to find story ideas and information, including how to use metrics and social listening
• When needed, write articles, clip videos, post on social media, send push alerts and all other duties required of digital desk producers
• Collaborate with other TEGNA stations, NBC affiliates and other partners
• Uphold the KSDK brand, from interacting with colleagues to producing content
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong understanding of the tenants of professional journalism to make editorial decisions
• At least 4 years of experience in digital content production in fast-paced news environments
• Strong AP writing and editing skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Experienced team player with excellent communication skills
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Experience with content management systems
• Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit
• Basic image and video editing skills
• Strong understanding of digital and social media analytics and metrics
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER