About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Are you ready to host a daily talk show—where you get to tell exceptional stories and make a difference in people’s lives??? Then, be our host on KCTV5 in Kansas City for our daily lifestyle show. You get to share your love of fashion, food, travel, and lifestyle information—while having the time of your life in an amazing city!
You will be responsible for hosting multiple pieces daily and will split your time between hosting and producing content on air, online and on social. We want someone with a big heart, infectious personality, and kind spirit ready to jump in to produce, host and report live from the field when needed. And you get to do it all—with the best in the business—while you help make the show what you want it to be!
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
* Produce content both on-air and behind the scenes.
* Produce daily on camera contributions to a daily television show.
* Assisting Producer with writing and booking show segments.
* Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio and on location.
* Collecting information, video, or photos at remote locations for post-production.
* Research show topics and developing questions for quests in coordination with the producer.
* Participate in events, sponsored or to promote the show.
* Maintain social media accounts for the show and assist with all online content.
* Successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience with pre-produced television content, on-air interviewing, writing, storytelling, videography, non-linear editing, and content generation skills.
* You must be a great team player—driven to help others succeed.
* Ability to host and produce lifestyle segments both independently and cooperatively.
* Must have strong editorial judgment, research experience, effective communication, project management and good written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to actively work with all departments.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib when required.
* Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Use various digital and social platforms to share stories and interact with the public.
* Prefer Bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, television, news or a related field.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Interested, qualified applicants must do the following, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER