KOLR10/FOX49 in Springfield, Missouri is looking for a self-motivated Weekend Digital Producer. The right candidate is a skilled writer who can craft headlines and drive user engagement. This role is responsible for updating our website, curating high-performing enterprise content, and crafting homepage layouts driven by data. Our digital producers have excellent news judgment and never miss a breaking news story. They’re also on top of trending topics and ensure that our digital products are fresh and engaging.
· Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs, and social) and be quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
· Excellent at writing headlines that get views and engagement
· Prioritize packaging content that grows page views using headline testing, metric tools, and observed patterns to guide decision making
· Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly by producing short videos and choosing great photos.
· Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, collaborate on enterprise content, and create opportunities to market web content on broadcast.
· Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Skill/ Experience Requirements:
· Experience in digital content and journalism
· Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
· Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
· Capable of researching, interviewing, and writing original news articles
· Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
· Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
· Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
· Strong communicator
· Schedule flexibility (position is for nights and weekends)
· Regularly meets measurements of success
· Google Analytics experience a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree
Fox 49 KRBK/CBS KOLR10/KOZL/Ozarksfirst.com
Job Req #:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled