The MBA Scholarship Fund was established to financially aid Missouri broadcast students in attaining training and expertise required to become valuable employees in the broadcasting industry.
Student and Missouri broadcaster Abigail Starr, told us about her experience in this letter:
We are honored and thrilled to be able to support Abigail and students just like her, who will carry the future of the broadcast industry to even greater heights.
The Missouri Broadcasters Association provides scholarships to assist Missouri students enrolled in broadcast/digital media degree programs at public or private colleges/universities. High school seniors who have yet to enroll in college classes may apply, but will be required to show proof of enrollment before receiving the scholarship funds. The application deadline is January 15.
Interested Students: You must submit your application through a radio or television station who are members of the Missouri Broadcasters Association.
- Must be a Missouri resident.
- Must be currently attending a Missouri college, university or accredited tech/trade school or be a graduating high school senior who has been admitted to a Missouri institution of higher learning.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a broadcast/digital media or related curriculum, which provides training and expertise applicable to a broadcast/digital media operation.
- Must be a full-time student for every semester the scholarship is awarded. Full-time status requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent, which must be maintained for each semester of the scholarship.
- A completed application.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An essay no longer than three pages. Please see the application for subjects that must be addressed
- A transcript showing your current GPA. Transcript should include the most recent completed semester/quarter.
- Applicants must submit all materials by the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants must submit their completed application form and all attachments to a single participating MBA member station in their home area. Only one application will be accepted per student per year.
The MBA selection committee will use the following information during its evaluation process:
- The applicant’s curriculum and career goals.
- Clarity of thought and expression.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Financial need. (While not a primary consideration, applicants should provide information as to how their education is funded.)
Multiple awards may be assigned each year and the amount of the scholarship will vary. This is a renewable scholarship, provided qualification standards are maintained. Recipients wishing to renew their scholarship must reapply each academic year through their area member station.
The annual deadline for application is January 15. Recipients will receive notification of their award no later than March 1.
Members of the Missouri Broadcasters Association support equal opportunity in education and employment.
All fields on this form are required. Your application will not be sent if any field is omitted.